[grwebform url=”https://app.getresponse.com/view_webform_v2.js?u=q2hj8&webforms_id=9564603″ css=”on” center=”off” center_margin=”200″/]
Common Themed Wedding Mistake - Dos and Don'ts
Planning any event or wedding, regardless of theme and size, can bring with it many an obstacle, challenge and problems. For theme event or wedding the risk and outcome, impact and consequences even increase! Below are a couple of the common wedding planning mistakes to try and not make for your dream event!
SPENDING WAY TOO MUCH – ON THINGS THAT DO NOT MATTER ONE BIT!
- Make guests and their experience a top priority,
- making a good memory count more than getting everything top-grade and upscale, most expensive.
- Spend your money where it matters and makes a difference.
- Avoid booking vendors and making purchases without risking losing deposits or overspending.
- Budget and track your spending every step of the way.
- Be frugal where you need to, cut when you have to and indulge when you can!
NOT PAYING ENOUGH ATTENTION TO CERTAIN DETAILS AND TOO MUCH ENERGY, TIME, EFFORT AND FOCUS WHERE IT IS NOT NEEDED
- Ensure that you are following permits, rules, state regulations, tests, paperwork,
- Get all the information for your marriage license and ensure that it is valid at the time that you actually do get married.
- Some states have waiting periods of up to three days, some state licenses are only valid for 60 days. Enquire and check that you have your facts and requirements, ducks in a row.
- Spend your time and energy wisely on the things that matter and can make a difference on the big day.
- You do not have to be everything for everybody. NO WEDDING GOWN UNTIL LAST MINUTE
- Alterations and fittings need to be scheduled
- Alterations, accessories needs to be purchased, made or rented as well
- Making dresses takes time, finding the right dress takes time
- Shipping and bridesmaids dresses will also need attention, so do not delay, hesitate or postponed this decision.
- Upward of six months or more might be required for a designer, couture or custom-made, even some of the more popular off-the-rack dresses
NO ACCOMMODATIONS FOR OVERNIGHT GUESTS, NO ROOM RESERVATIONS, OR AIRLINE TICKETS FOR YOUR HONEYMOON
- Especially in high season, book in advance – even if you think it will be quiet!
- Check all requirements, block reservations, hotel and room availability in advance
- Confirm all reservations and advise them speedily of any changes
TOO LARGE A GUESTLIST AND INSUFFICIENT CAPACITY
- Seating and accommodating all those additional guests might pose a problem. Learn to say no if you keep getting requests.
- Only fill cancellation spots with new headcount, do not keep adding on to the tally.
- In the end it affects the total quality and outcome of your ceremony and reception.
INAPPROPRIATE ATTIRE, ETIQUETTE OR NOT STICKING TO GUIDELINES, PERMITS, RESTRICTIONS and REGULATIONS
- Especially religious and cultural awareness, respect and law comes to mind. Ensure you have all the facts and instruct your guests, wedding party , even officiates of same.
GUESTS DO NOT KNOW WHAT THEY WANT, EXPECT OR MUST DO AT YOUR WEDDING
- Most people would not know what to do at your wedding, especially if it is a special, cultural, religious or alternative wedding, order of service and detailed programs can help.
- Always have someone on hand that can explain, help or assist your guests on the big day, answer questions, translate (if in foreign language etc.)
DRASTIC ACTIONS AND INTERVENTIONS TO LOSE WEIGHT, CHANGE HAIRSTYLE OR COLOR
- Avoid allergic reactions, breakouts, mistakes or, even worse, serious infections, leaving you less than perfect and desirable on your special wedding day!
INSUFFICIENT POSTAGE ON INVITATIONS
- Important guests might not receive their invitation and feel snubbed or ignored, overlooked and undervalued.
- Note that some invitations and envelopes will require MORE than standard postage
- Also, where you are sending the invitation matters – how much time it takes to get there and the response back, additional cost etc.